The wish of any person charged in court is to wait for the trial while he/she is free on bail. A bail hearing is a mini-trial with the disadvantage of less preparation and limited access to information, unlike the actual trial. Getting a bail is essential as it raises the chances of winning a case or serving less time in jail. Those who fail to get a bail end up pleading guilty and serving long sentences. When in custody awaiting trial, it is difficult to raise funds for legal representation or planning a defense. Thus, many people tend to plead guilty due to pressure.
What you need to know?
A bail hearing is one heavenly chance to buy freedom. Preparation and the help of a good bail hearing lawyer Burlington are critical in helping people come up with workable and convenient bail conditions. Rushing without making important decisions might lead to several months or even years in custody. The free duty counsel is not keen in preparation, interviewing and conducting of the bail hearing as they got a lot of cases to handle. It is, therefore, advisable to seek an experienced attorney who takes their time and aggressively represents someone during your trials.
Types of Bail Hearings.
An accused person has every right to get a reasonable bail, but again a bail doesn’t always guarantee a release or best-suited conditions to someone. Getting a bail is possible though with the help of an attorney who got impeccable skills in this field. A bail hearing defense law firm deals with three kinds of bail hearings:
- Hearings for people charged with serious criminal offences according to the criminal code. These are more complex cases and are conducted in the superior court.
- Hearings where the crown must justify detention.
- Hearings where the defendant must strongly justify their release.
How a Court Determines a Bail?
Most often the prosecutor has the mandate to block granting of a bail. At this point, it takes the expertise of a bail hearing attorney to justify why the accused must be released regardless of the charges they are facing.
Also, the court needs satisfaction on the following grounds:
- Primary ground stating that the accused will appear in court as spelled out.
- Secondary grounds where an accused should not commit further crimes.
- Tertiary grounds where their release is not bound to undermine the public’s confidence in justice administration.
Having the capacity to meet the needed obligations for supervision and financial guarantee due to strong sureties increases the chances of getting a bail.
Call us now in case you need a bail hearing lawyer.
[chat blocked_ip_addresses_active=”disabled” box_title=”Title” ]